Albany Area Habitat for Humanity is seeking an Executive Director to lead us into our next chapter.
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: Albany, Oregon
SUMMARY & PURPOSE:
Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, and in accordance with the Habitat for Humanity International Affiliate Agreement and Covenant, to ensure that the affiliate’s fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resource, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization. The Executive Director accepts the chief administrative responsibility for public accountability of the affiliate by providing executive leadership to the organization.
Administration and Management
- Oversee implementation of affiliate policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Serve as the communication link between the Board, staff and ReStore management.
- Supervise and assess performance of all staff. Perform screening, hiring and termination of staff.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Construction Manager, including working knowledge of site progress to ensure houses are built within time and budgetary parameters.
- Coordinate with the ReStore Director to see that policies, procedures, and goals of the ReStore are effectively carried out.
- Consult with the Office Manager on payment of bills and other financial reports as needed for board meetings, grants and funding sources.
- Prepare agenda, reports and packet for monthly board meetings.
- Serve as liaison between HFH International/HFH Oregon and local affiliate.
- Assist the Board with long-term planning through the creation and implementation of strategic plans.
- Participate in recruiting and onboarding new volunteers for board, construction and ReStore service.
- Provide leadership and oversight with originating appropriate loan documents and disclosures for the sale of affiliate housing units.
- Provide leadership for solicitation of major gifts, including identifying and meeting with major corporate and individual donors.
- Cultivate in-kind materials and land donations whenever possible.
- Identify and apply for available funding and grant sources.
- Develop annual budget in cooperation with Board of Directors.
- Serve as liaison to secure and assist with annual audit.
- Serve as primary spokesperson for the organization.
- Expand AAHFH’s visibility and partnerships in the community. This would include outreach to local religious, business, civic and volunteer organizations, foundations or other charitable giving organizations as well as other government and non-government housing and human services organizations.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in human service related field and/or a combination of experience and education.
- Minimum three years experience working for a non-profit in a leadership capacity.
- Previous Habitat for Humanity experience preferred.
- Must pass a background check, including sexual offender registry check.
- Ability to qualify for and obtain NMLS Loan Originator and Oregon Construction Contractors Board certification within six months of employment.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Team building through positive and effective communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability – a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Personal presence, projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.
Working Conditions/Work Environment
Work full-time, Monday-Friday with evening meetings and weekend activities and events, as necessary.
Daily computer use. Some tasks may require prolonged standing and/or sitting. Frequent attendance at meetings or activities outside of normal working hours. Frequent operation of a motor vehicle on public roads. Occasional physical exposure when visiting Habitat home building sites.
Salary Range: Full time starting salary range $70,000 to $85,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Paid holidays, sick and vacation time and retirement contributions.
Email resume and cover letter AAHFH@peak.org by noon on Friday, February 9, 2024. Write in email subject line “Executive Director” Limit cover letter to two pages.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Albany Area Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.